Sunday 2 November 2008

The OUT Campaign

So, The OUT campaign is a great campaign fronted by Richard Dawkins to raise awareness to the variety and intelligence within the atheist community, one with is often vilified. Especially in America, it seems it is worse to be atheist and good than religious and bad. Not only that, but often atheist thinkers have proved themselves to be at the forefront of ideas.

Part of the campaign is about 'coming out' as an atheist so: My name is Grace Organ, I am an agnostic atheist (I don't believe in God and I also recognise the impossibility to prove his existence even if he did). I am not ashamed that I do not believe in God: I have beliefs and morals that come from a different place, and it does not make me a bad person or a person without conscience or sense of consequence.

So, get involved. Add the A, buy a T-Shirt or a badge (as I am in the process of doing) and, if you are an atheist, don't be ashamed. Embrace it and be proud of it! Given you a couple of links, an interesting article and the official website.

http://cornellsun.com/section/opinion/content/2008/10/30/atheist
http://outcampaign.org/

No comments: