Sunday 2 November 2008

NaNoWriMo

Wow, I am on a roll this week when it comes to posting!

So, I was sitting in the Den at three in the morning thinking 'Hey! You know what I need! Another distraction from real world and reality in general!' So, I decided to take part in National Novel Writing Month.

Essentially, me and a ridiculous number of other people online will write a 50,000 word novel between Nov 1 and Nov 30 in order to 'win' NaNoWriMo. Great idea, right? Well, here's the thing... it is a great idea but I am really hoping this doesn't become this all consuming thing. To this end, I am going to try to do a little bit a day rather than one day a week writing 15,000 words.

I'll keep you up to date with how it's going (if I ever remember again to post on this) and will try and find somewhere to post the final novel (good, bad, ugly et al). So, yeah. Image on the side is my word count if you're interested and... hopefully I'll be able to turn that into a winners badge this time next month!

By the way, my novel is (of course) an homage to my favourite thing in the world - teenage gay characters in soaps. Hopefully I will able to draw on my incredible knowledge of the nuances and characters will make it readable AND an excuse to write while watching some classic clips.

Anyway, have a good month. Enjoy the freedom, I know I won't!

xx

www.nanowrimo.org/

No comments: