Monday 1 December 2008

It's all over...

So, it's been a month since I posted. But not just any month: National Novel Writing Month. And I won!! A few days ago actually, but my completed novel (entitled Canopies & Grapes) is finished. Final word count was 64,094, and it feels very weird to have finished but also it's made me realise that, if you really want to do something, no amount of other things will get in the way.

And there are a lot of things: so many in face I have to use my iCal to remember. So I saw Emmy The Great on the 11th, and she was amazing. Loving the ICA and she was so sweet. In fact, the name of my novel (sorry I keep going on about it, but I am so proud) is named after one of her best songs, and when she played it as her encore I was so pleased!

Had a debate on the 13th: it was stressful preparing and the rules were so strange but I did enjoy it. Me and Alice won are debate, but we unfortuantly did not get through to the regionals. But we are having fun... and it was an interesting night.

Went to this great event with Envision called Chain Reaction. It was an event geared to making social change, and there were politicians, civil servants, businessmen and charities repressented. It was really inspirational, and it seems everyone at Envision is excited about our homophobia project, which finally looks like it is getting off the ground. If you have any ideas/ suggestions about how we should go about tackling homophobia in a secondary school, please e-mail homophobia.aware@gmail.com.

Been to Westfield's twice. I do like it: it's big and shiny, and had pretty much every shop in the world. There are still bits I have yet to explore but I think anything vaguely local is really useful and it has an Apple Store. Enough to have me convinced, tbh.

Had an Inset days, and then two extra days of school because of broken heating. Yay! It felt like a mini holiday and I did a lot of writing and a lot of sleeping. It was fun, and on the Friday we went to see Horne & Corden. It was really funny, and they were clearly having a good time. Even the warm-up guy was good: and Simon Amstell was in the audience. And, if you need more incentive to watch it, me and Ed were involved in one sketch so we might be on TV!

Parent's evening was alright: bit crowded, you know, but everyone seemed to say positive things so it's all good. Yesterday was awsome: went to see Monkey: Journey to the West at the 02. It was an incredible spectacle: funny, enchanting and impressive in equal meaure. Then, went to meet a friend of my parent's who is over from New York called Sharon. Had a lovely night, and am four Obama badges and an Obama wolly-hat richer!

GAY UPDATE: This has been an incredible quiet period for our favourite soaps. In Verbotene Liebe, Olli is gone of until Feburary, and the hope is that when he returns we will have a storyline to be proud of again. I still love them though, and even Christian brooding over Olli is good quality. Hollyoaks Later... was amazing! I love it, Hollyoaks with bells on: cliff-tops stunts, a marriage, many a reveal, I was truly shocked and enticed. But this is the Gay Update and... while I loved every mention of John Paul (and there were many) it was never going to be enough for me. And I did not get my phone call so. So, NUKE wins! I have been truly moved by As The World Turns recently and I am so pleased Luke and Noah are finally getting the storyline they deserve. Both are proving they can act, and as creepy a turn this story is taking, it is very soap and I am very pleased they are finding a more substantial place in the soap. And FYI, missed Spike in Hollyoaks, will have to catch up YouTube. New soap, Casualty! New guy, gay and seems very interesting. And James Sutton in it in a few weeks... I give it ratings!

No idea what'll be in the next post, but I'm sure it'll be amazing! And I will not wait a month to update this time, that is a guarantee!

xXx

No comments: