Saturday 4 February 2012

In Which I List Things...

So 2012 is in full swing! It's already been over a month (scary) and it's less than twenty days until I am 20 (scarier). Because this month seems to have gone so quickly, and not because it was so full of productive events, I thought I'd try and make myself feel better by listing some of the things that have happened to me this month.

1. Got given an inhaler to get rid of my cough
2. Did my radio show, Theme Time, on RaW, three times
3. Discovered the board game Game Of Knowledge
4. Read The Aenied
5. Bought seven books (in charity shops)
6. Finished Season One of Buffy
7. Got to 1 million on Temple Run
8. Gave a tour of campus to four people
9. Gave two essays in (one which is very big and scary)
10. Ate a slice of caterpillar cake
11. Went to a career event
12. Went to an SU General Meeting (which was subsequently cancelled)
13. Saw five films at the student cinema
14. Learned the right way to fold socks
15. Analysed the likelihood of each of my housemates committing murder and came out on top
16. Avoided all spoilers of The Fault In Our Stars
17. Watched (and was amazed/baffled by) Sherlock
18. Discovered that koalas are in serious danger of dying out due to chlamydia and was sad about that
19. Almost definitely did not give anyone whooping cough (subject to change, blood test on Monday)
20. Ate a lot at an All-You-Can-Eat pan-Asian restaurant in Coventry

I like to list things - this makes it look like I did lots in January but in reality I did not do enough. I haven't really gotten back into the swing of work, mainly because my cough has made me pretty tired and unmotivated earlier than I usually am but also partly because it's January. Quite excited for February though, because I have these things planned:

1. See The Room again but this time introduced... by Tommy Wiseau!
2. Turn twenty
3. Read The Fault In Our Stars
4. Make (and eat) Tom and Jerry cakes
5. Do three more radio shows
6. Go and see a version of A Doll's House in Coventry
7. THE MUPPET MOVIE
8. Give one essay and one commentary in
9. Read Lolita, The Buddha of Suburbia, Endgame10. Give another campus tour, maybe to more than four people this time


See, lists are awesome. Lists make February looks awesome and January look productive. Obviously that makes them massively flawed and misleading but fun!

Anyway, I have to go now and try and sleep because as of tomorrow stuff has to get productive, whether my not (or maybe) whooping cough has gotten better or not.

No comments: