Tuesday 24 August 2010

BEDA #23 - Boredom, Boston And Books

So life has returned to relative normality after the panic of the last few days. I have a plan and I have awesome friends. Sorted. So now things are back to being boring and therefore I have nothing really to blog about today. Well, I am flying to Boston tomorrow.

But now there's a lot of pressure on Boston to be a brilliant holiday. More brilliant than it had to be before. When I get I'll have literally hours before I have to register at college (I kind of like that I get to say 'college' now rather than 'school'. It's a step up, if not the one I was expecting). Then three days before I actually start learning all over again. And then four months in which to do an entire A-Level.

So basically it's going to be hectic. So hectic I'm not sure about my ability to complete NaNoWriMo (but I'll see how I feel, no promises!). So Boston needs to be good and really relaxing and really fun all wrapped into one. I am very excited.

The other thing about this trip is that it'll give me chance to read. The most exciting thing about (hopefully) having some time off next year is that I can read loads of books. And especially if I wanna study English, that is a major plus. I'm bringing five books, two very short, two medium and one quite long. They are: Trout Fishing In America, The Perks Of Being A Wallflower, The Secret History, Wonder Boys and Silence.

So yeah, Boston. Hopefully I'll have something to report tomorrow. And because of the time difference, I have no idea if the posts will come up on the right days. Or if I guarantee to get them up at all. Either way, see you soon!

PS: I am very excited to watch ATWT on a real TV! I hope this apartment has TiVo because I doubt we'll be in at 2 on Thursday. I may be excited enough to Liveblog.

No comments: