Monday 9 August 2010

BEDA #8 - Doing Nothing, Having Dinner And Then More Nothing

It's just like me to follow up a super exciting day like Summer In The City with a super boring day. And today has been super boring. It's days like today that are why I tried to stop blogging about my real life and rather rant about things that have an effect on my life. I got up very late, I showered in a bathroom with no ceiling and some grit fell on me, I got dressed, I watched an episode of Modern Family, I ate dinner, I watched some Dave. I still didn't manage to get this post up before midnight. All in all very boring.

I am currently going through my Tweets to see if something even vaguely interesting occurred to me today to blog about. Hmm... I bought my dad tickets to a gig in October that I really want to go to but I can't because, all things being well, I will be at university. It seems not to have quite sunk in for him yet considering he asked if I was up for it. Oh well, I am the only child and all that. I don't think any of us have quite got our heads around the fact I won't be around but we haven't got long to get there before it's really happening.

Yeah, that truly is the only thing of merit that happened today. Most people would look at today and see a humongous waste of time, mostly because today has been a humongous waste of time. But I like days like today, especially after the week I've had. Since we came back from interrailing it's been a non-stop barrage of ceilings falling down and YouTube gatherings and parties and muggings and credit card fraud. I barely feel like I've recovered. That's why it's taken me until today to properly unpack and tidy-up. (Well, that and my perpetual laziness).

Also, in general, I think everyone needs days like the day I've had today. It's the kind of relaxation most people enjoy after paying hundreds of pounds for a holiday to Spain so I like to think of myself as both thrifty and green when I have days like today. It's the kind of nothingness that you feel better for afterwards. And, all things considered, I might not have many days like this this summer.

Well, I got quite a lot of milage from my nothing day all things considered. Tomorrow I go out for lunch with my oldest friend for the last time in I dread to think how long so I'm sure I can get my self emotional whipped up for a post about that tomorrow.

No comments: