Thursday 26 August 2010

BEDA #25 - More Rain, Baseball Fanatic And Big Breakfast

Greetings from Boston. Again. Although today feels like the first real day. Got a really good night's sleep; because I'm in the master bedroom I have the massive bed. It's more than kingsize. It's the perfect jetlag remedy.

Then onto breakfast. We went into a diner we passed last night and I had a breakfast called 'Emergency Room'. Two pancakes, three scrambled eggs, three sausages, home fries and White toast. It sounds like a lot (and it was), it was not as bad as the one below it called 'Intensive Care' which included a 10oz sirloin steak. The diner was called Mike's and it was awesome. Might buy a t-shirt if we back.

It had rained all night and so yesterday's Red Sox match was called off. We though todays might be as well but they had to play because they go away tomorrow. So it was a doublehitter and we were at the first afternoon game. It was really fun. The game is exciting and the crowd was mixed with a good atmosphere. I got quite into it, might keep following it if from a distance. I have a baseball cap and badge now as well. You can see I'm a diehard fan.

More rain meant we ran into an Irish pub, the only place that would let me in without ID. Then we went to a really nice bistro where I had the best carbonara ever. And then lemon tart. Heaven.

I'm tired so I'm feeling a couple of OnDemand TV shows and an early night. No idea what tomorrow will bring, only that it will be American.

No comments: